Women Empowerment Program
The WE Program (Women Empowerment Program) is a long-term, Benetton Group sustainability program aimed at supporting the empowerment of women worldwide.
To fulfill the goal of gender equality and women empowerment, Benetton Group has identified five key priorities in accordance with the UN agenda:
• Sustainable livelihood: ensure that women have access to decent work in safe places so that they may gain social and economic independence.
• Non-discrimination and equal opportunities: all forms of discrimination must be ended. Women and girls must be granted equal opportunities with men and boys in employment, leadership and decision-making at all levels. They must play a role in peace building and state-building and have full access to information and communications technology.
• Quality education: all girls and women must be granted access to affordable and quality education at all levels, including technical, vocational and university education.
• Healthcare: women and girls must be granted access to affordable and adequate healthcare. In particular they must be granted universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights.
• Fight against violence: by 2030, all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres must be eliminated. This includes trafficking, sexual and other types of exploitation and harmful practices such as genital mutilation and child marriage.